Be The Match Foundation® wanted a more efficient way to manage their run/walk/fundraising events with a goal to raise awareness and obtain donations for the Be The Match®. They needed a way to facilitate day of check-ins, registrations, and donations and eliminate tedious data entry post event.
Be The Match committed to hosting 6 run/walk events throughout 2018 to help them get closer to their fundraising goal of $850,000. The objective of the run/walk events is to:
- Collect financial donations to support adding more blood stem cell donors to the Be The Match Registry®, support patients and their families with uninsured medical costs, and fund life-saving research.
- Provide information to individuals about how they can join the Be The Match Registry
- Raise awareness surrounding the thousands of people diagnosed with life-threatening blood cancers and other blood diseases
Challenges they were faced with:
- Collect data accurately and efficiently and reduce data entry at the end of event day
- Export and create usable reports.
- Manage, monitor and track the number of registered participants checked-in on race day.
- Allow for walk-up individuals to donate or register the day of the event.
- Allow for a walk-up group/family to register the day of as one team and pay together
- The need to identify registrant’s relationship or donation total and flag those that should be receiving corresponding t-shirts, merchandise, and/or gifts.
The solutions that Grassroots Unwired provided:
- Grassroots Unwired was able to design and implement a customized mobile platform on behalf of Be The Match
- Volunteers could use the app to register walk-up “new registrants” and take day of donations.
- Be The Match used the app to verify and/or correct known contact information including: name, address, phone, language, and email address
- End of day data entry was eliminated
- During their Minneapolis run/walk event on May 12, 2018, Be The Match was able to complete the following check-in, registrations, and donations via the Grassroots Unwired mobile app:
Be the Match- Run- Walk – Stats
“After years of running our “day-of” run/walk activities on paper, it was a relief to leverage Grassroots Unwired to make the whole experience more efficient and accountable. And I LOVE not having to do data entry after a long day at the event.”
Sr. Manager – Development, Be The Match Foundation