Every year, Father Joe’s Villages hosts the Thanksgiving Day 5k to assist in them providing close to 1 million meals each year to those in need. The event generates awareness and funds to help support Father Joe’s Villages’ mission to end homelessness, one life at a time.
Father Joe’s Villages needed a more efficient way to facilitate the San Diego Thanksgiving Day 5k. They were looking for a mobile solution to facilitate; day of check-ins, registrations, merchandise sales, and donations with a goal of eliminating tedious data entry post event.
Father Joe’s Villages needed to:
- Collect registrations and donations and sync back to Luminate™
- Monitor and track the number of registered participants checked-in on race day.
- Track and report on all financial transactions (cash, check, and credit card)
- Quickly check-in already registered participants
- Allow participants to purchase merchandise
- Allow for a walk-up group/family to register the day-of as a team and checkout together with one payment method
- Assign bib numbers to individuals at check-in and report the bib numbers back to the respective timing company
Grassroots Unwired was able to design and implement a customized mobile platform on behalf of Father Joe’s Villages that:
- Allowed volunteers to register walk-up participants, check-in already registered participants, and process day of donations and merch sales all within the app
- Eliminated end of day data entry
- Enabled Father Joe’s Villages’ volunteers to assign bib numbers to individuals at check-in within the app
- Tracked and reported on all financial transactions (cash, check, and credit card)
- Automatically generated barcodes for all registered participants for the option of a quick check-in
Chat with us today to learn about how we can make your next event more successful.